- Short stories
- I have trouble with the length… I either write way too short or way too long.
- I have trouble figuring out how much of the story to tell. There’s always more – whole world’s worth- that I know.
- I have trouble with submission deadlines. Short stories always take longer than I think they will.
- Keeping things updated
- Remembering to update
- Deciding what to write an update about
- Making enough progress to be worth updating
I want to get better at both these things and I think I’ve got a plan that will help.
I’m scheduling time to write at least one short story each month in 2018. And I’ll publish those either as individual stories or collections. I may go as far as to schedule the actual days that I work on them first. Practice should make me better at writing short stories. Or at least make them a little easier to write.
I already have several update posts scheduled for the first part of 2018. That means I don’t have to try to come up with what kind of update to write. I have a tracking spreadsheet almost finished to help me keep track of the things I want to update. And I have people asking to see some of the stories I’ll be working on in 2018.
So here’s to recognizing what needs improvement and putting a plan in place to make it happen.